Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » 4x4 Forums » Offroad Discussion » Truck Batteries...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Truck Batteries...
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a new Battery for my 4runner and was wondering if anyone knew of a descent place either online or around here to pick one up. I dont need something solid state or super heavy duty, just something descent that wont die down if I roll my back window down while the truck is off (lol).

Thanks...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you drive your truck everyday I would suggest the Optima redtop. I got one from batteries plus for a bit over $80. (for any other battery purchases I would not recommend BP - they are way over priced)
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a DIE HARD GOLD in my garage, works fine summer and winter. I think it is a little less than 3yrs old. If you want it i'll trade it to you for the cards i have of yours that you were going to trade me.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
If you drive your truck everyday I would suggest the Optima redtop. I got one from batteries plus for a bit over $80. (for any other battery purchases I would not recommend BP - they are way over priced)

How in the hell did you pay that little for a red top!! The best price i could find ONLINE was like 100-110 plus 20 shipping! Are you sure that's what you paid?
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has that been sitting there Chad? If it works fine that would be good enough for now. I dont remember what cards you had. Enlighten me? lol I do need it pronto though...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just called Battery plus in apple valley and the red top with the top AND side posts are 119 dollars... Thats was the only one they had.

--------------------

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

It's been sitting for about 2-3 months. It was still charged last time i checked it a month ago.
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 4 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Battery City in MPLS is a battery wholesaler. Their on the east side of the river between Broadway and Plymouth Aves. They have most sizes of batteries in stock and are about $10-20 cheaper than other places. They have StartRite batteries which are suppose to be the same as Die-Tards (except they don't come with one pre-dead cell like Die-Tards.)
Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Thanks for the help fellas...

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two dead Red Tops, a dead yellow top, a large panaosonic, 2 dead jetski batteries, and a dead Walmart battery - you are welcome to any of them for free. [Wink]

Nice Chad offer him a dead battery [Embarrassed]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 4 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be able to bring the Optimas back to life by trickle-charging them for a while. The rest will fit nicely in a landfill.

[knife]

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you get the chance Scott, Please bring those back to me, ( the two red tops and the yellow top)
I would like to try a few things with them....

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, no problem. Mikey has the yellow top and it's got a hole in it, but I will bring you at least one red top.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

So the wife called me from work this morning to tell me that the battery on the truck died overnight so looks like I have to go get one today heh.

--------------------

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

The battery i have is not dead. I just wanted to upgrade to an optima. [finger]
larry
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hauser you cheap fuck go buy one they are not all that expensive at wally world or scams [knife]
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Shhhhh, dont say that! I want to get rid of mine! [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005