Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » 4x4 Forums » Offroad Discussion » Supercharger prices.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Supercharger prices.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know of a place to get a better price than 3999$ for a TRD supercharger for a 2002 Tundra 4.7L V8?
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always find the best deal when a bunch of people do a group purchase from a dealer (like in the FJ-80 newsgroup a bunch of people get together and buy 5 or 10 and get then for like $3000)

You could try this guy:

john_hocker@sierratoy.com <john_hocker@sierratoy.com>

He sells online to alot of the guys on the FZJ-80 newsgroup and I understand get some good prices but he never responds to my emails?!?! Goodluck.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theres always a few on ebay..

Currently at $2875
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2421939800

@$3775
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33553&item=2422207280

[beer]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thing is nether of thoes are the right part# the first is for a sequoia and the seccond is for a 03 tundra. I need the one for the 00-02 tundra.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I assumed sequoia & tundra would be the same, w/the same powerplant..... Didn't see the year on the other.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Left-Coast
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Left-Coast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get most of my stuff from Stevens Creek Toyota now. They are a HUGE TRD Dealer and they have a TLCA discount.

Call:
Val Garcia / 408-984-2311 (Parts Dept.)
Stevens Creek Toyota
4202 Stevens Creek Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95157

Posts: 44 | From: Forest Lake, MN | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 14 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess i will need the one for the '03. [Wink]

I have now joined the ranks of the toyota truck owners....

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess a congradulations is in order Chad. Is it final, do you have the truck? That's cool, it's an awsome ride! I think you will find that you really don't need the supercharger though. The owners that I have talked to said its already like a sports car.
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Glad you got the one you wanted. If you need a ride or anything tonight let me know.

A guy at work had a 2002 as a loaner while his car was in the shop - he said it drove like a truck but it almost seemed like it had too much power off the line. You will really like it (and so will the Sami).

Have you been here:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com

[ 07-10-2003, 08:10: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Not quite final but everything is aproved and they are getting it ready for me right now. I will pick it up over lunch probably.
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:

it drove like a truck but it almost seemed like it had too much power off the line.

This can be a problem...I would drive it in wet weather and maybe snow before you decide to supercharge it. My S-10 with the 4.3 had way too much power off the line, (ask Scott). In wet weather it was tough to start...the wheels would just spin. Winter was very difficult...you will never use 1st gear again...I always started from a stop in 2nd and in the snow would have to start in 3rd. Pickups are just too light in the rear for this much power. Just a couple of thoughts.

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005