Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » 4x4 Forums » Offroad Discussion » St. Croix State Park Photos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: St. Croix State Park Photos
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://picasaweb.google.com/scottd9000/Hinckley

[ 06-17-2008, 12:06: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trip report:
Got to the trail at about 11am and unloaded. Got lucky this trip and Chad actually remembered to bring the key for his bike. Started our ride by going up a trail that connects the two parking areas (about 3 miles long). It was a very wet and muddy trail with some large pits (see photos). We elected to ride the county road back to the truck instead of riding the mud again.

Next, we did half a loop on the main trail area and headed out to Gandy Dancer state trail. It's a old railway that now connects Danbury Wisc to Superior Wisc and runs 50 miles long. It's annoying and straight but connects several trail systems. Stopped for lunch at a nice little restaurant off Gandy Dancer and turned around. Finished the other half of the trail system on the way back. This turned out to be my favorite trail of the weekend. Lots of dry and wet areas with several long straight areas. I learned to not grab my front break in corners with sand the hard way (so did Mike later on). Chad was really fast and is already out-riding his bike. He did the hardest hill climb of the day in a gravel pit..... well his bike made it to the top and he almost did.

Trails were nice but I wish they were one way. Too many close calls with quads and other bikers coming the other way.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:

Trails were nice but I wish they were one way. Too many close calls with quads and other bikers coming the other way.

Scary [Eek!] nice pics tho...

Being the Mr. Gadget guy that you are... have you seen the Ram mounts that guys use to put a camera on their bike handlebars? Would be cool for taking some action shots with a little point and shoot you put on the ram mount..

[beer]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I think due to vibrations most dirtbikers use helmet cams. I haven't been able to find a cheap one that hooks up to my existing camcorder yet.

Here is an example of how nice it looks. This is the other riding area off the Gandy Dancer trail that had many single track one way trails. Looks pretty bad ass.

Nemadji Single Track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXnsHFZf9pw

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I perfected the throw-the-bike-to-the-top-of-the-hill-while-jumping-off-the-back-of-it-then-landing-in-the-ready-pos ition-to-dive-out-of-the-way-in-case-it-comes-back-down-at-me maneuver.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It was a work of art that's for sure.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005