Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » 4x4 Forums » Offroad Discussion » FZJ80????? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FZJ80?????
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lockers are electric. If they do not engage there is a write up on how to take them apart and clean the whole thing out. Otherwise, a new locker motor is like $800.

If you drive it and the lockers don't work I would call a dealer in front of him and get a price to get a new motor - then take that off the price of the truck [Smile] Then go and fix them yourself.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So,

Did you buy this thing????

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I got thwarted on two levels. Primarily I lost the buyer on my truck after he said he wanted it and gave me a price I accepted.

Second, due to the age of the cruiser, the bank would only give me a three year loan. But because they hold their value so much, the payments would be like buying a new vehicle.

If I could afford that I wouldn't be buying a 93 cruiser......

Oh well.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should sign papers on a 93 today [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

People keep looking at me funny as I walk down the hall singing to myself "Im driving a cruiser again, yeah, yeah, driviinnn a cruiserrrr againnn".....

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Razz]

I hope everything works out for you..... A damn nice truck. I am jealous that you have grey leather [Big Grin]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Left-Coast
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Left-Coast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if any of you have seen this, but I think you'll start to see more and more 80 series trucks and/or 80 series parts on the trails in the future as their prices come down.

80 Series "shorty"

This is actually a project Christo Slee has been working on. Basic idea is to convert an 80 series to a Pick-up style trail rig.

Posts: 44 | From: Forest Lake, MN | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Hey Klaus

Is there a serious issue with aftermarket airfilters and the 80 series in general (I know its just an airfilter, and seems trivial). I see a relatively large amount of discussion on the yahoo group about this, but don't really get exactly what the issue is so I can't interpret the post very well.
I've only glance under the hood so far.

Is there a filter and a pre-filter?

The group seemed against K&N's?

And it seemed they were mostly suggesting to buy toyota OEM filters exclusively. So I can't go buy Fram or some other aftermarket???

[beer]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a TRD reuseable filter (K&N type) without problem. I haven't been following the group lately so I don't know the nature of the dicussion - but I believe any paper/foam filter would be fine. Just remember that 50% of the people on the yahoo list have superchargers so they may be referring to something that effect S/C cruisers.
Jomama
Member # 56

TRD being a Toyota Racing Development product???

Where did you buy that and how is it priced compared to the somewhat spendy K&N?

I've used K&N's on the Ford. The only thing I don't like, is no matter what I do, it does't "SEEM" as if its cleaning up as its supposed to. Anyone else use these and like'em?

Do you go thru the Oil/Clean regime with the TRD filter, and how often?

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/trd%20air%20filters.htm

I got it from a guy on the list that sold parts super cheap (Bullbar shipped $450) - he is no longer around so you might try one of the other guys on the list for a good price.

I haven't serviced if since I bought it several months ago.

Left-Coast
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Left-Coast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're looking for OEM product (although, I do think he does some TRD stuff too) the cheapest I've found ha been John Hocker. A real cruiser guy and good prices, and no sales tax.

John Hocker john_hocker@sierratoy.com
Toyota Certified Master Parts Manager
Sierra Toyota, Inc. Sierra Vista, AZ
(520)458-8880 www.sierratoy.com

Posts: 44 | From: Forest Lake, MN | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005