Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Movie & Music Forums » Movie Reviews » Donnie Darko

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Donnie Darko
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty good low budget thriller type film. Has an intriguing plot and premise.

Basically it’s about a supernatural form of time travel and the theory of parallel universes.

I like any film that I end up pondering even days later.

4/5

[ 12-04-2003, 10:09: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matress
Posting God
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shadowchaser from VvV got me intrested in this film so I downloaded and than recieved it for xmas from my brother last yr. I found that the more time's you watch it the more you'll draw out of it, every minor detail was critically planned IMHO. It is on my top ten list for sure I'd recommend it for anyone that wants to have there mind twisted for days at end after watching it the first time. I'd as well give it a 4/5
Posts: 208 | From: Chaska MN | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We rented this movie last weekend and I liked it. The wife was kind of weirded out by it but thought it was interesting. Some laugh out loud scenes. There are a TON of actors that you wouldn't expect to be in this movie.

4/5

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched it yesterday. Some of the dialog seemed really quiet (and I'm going deaf), so I cant say I followed it all, or that I completely "got-it". Definitly needs a rewatch.

Weird and slow, very similar feel to it that the Director of The 6th Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs has to his movies.

3.5 of 5

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
website is even stranger than the movie.

http://www.donniedarko.com

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked this movie after seeing it because it was reccomended to me by Andy and a few other friends. Very interesting plotline, and it had some incredibly funny moments, like towards the beginning when their all sitting at the dinner table eating. [Big Grin]

I agree with the 4/5 rating.

[ 02-23-2004, 11:47: Message edited by: Ender ]

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005