Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Movie & Music Forums » Movie Reviews » Butterfly Effect

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Butterfly Effect
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A freaky little movie. Not bad - I really liked it until the ending. Pretty scary, reminded me of Stand by Me with alot of childhood flashbacks etc.

4 of 5

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this movie was very good. Better than most I have seen in the last couple of years. The story is excellent. Script, cast, effects, plot, all Great. The dirrectors cut and ending on the DVD release is, IMO much more intrigeing that the theatre release. VERY VERY COOL movie.

The premise is the same between the theatre release and the directors cut but the directors cut has a grit and originallity to it that, though kinda far fetched was pretty cool.

4.5/5

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it a lot too. I've always liked movies and TV shows that deal with alternate timelines, very interesting. I've never seen Ashton Kutcher in a serious role before so I didn't realize how good of an actor he is, he did an excellent job. I liked how the kid versions of the characters looked so much like the adults. That had to have been hard to cast. The director's cut was a surprise, I wasn't expecting completely different endings, just deleted scenes and the like. The only thing that bugged me about that ending was the whole paradox thing but I definitely liked it better than the theatrical ending. Great flick.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the premise was a definite intrest of mine too. The details of this movie made it almost perfect the only problem I found was that the inexperience of the director showed only in the lack of directing the acting. The actors were not quite directed to their full potential.

Everything else was done quite well and it was a great movie.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005