Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Movie & Music Forums » Movie Reviews » Friday Night Lights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Night Lights
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 7 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad...

I think I've seen this movie before a couple times... [Wink]

Similar formula and feel as with most sports movies, and the whole Texas High School deal.

It's set back in 1988, so I do like the fact that they tried to stay true to the styles back then, (sidespikes, big bangs, Poison music, lines shaved into the heads, etc). But there were a couple things in the movie that weren't around in 1988, not enough to ruin it though.

Anyway, the thing I don't like about these types of movies is the exaggeration of football. This is high school football, not the NFL. The hits and plays, and speed and size of the players comes off as cheesy at times. I know it's small town Texas football where it's the biggest thing ever, but that still doesn't make players fly through the air and hit people like the NFL does...

Anyway, it was still good, and worth checking out.

3.25 out of 5

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough* [lol]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005