Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » Bad Customer Service » Stinger - Streamlight Flashlights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stinger - Streamlight Flashlights
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple months ago I purchased a Stinger flashlight produced by Streamlight:
 -
Mike and Skot B have used these flashlights for years at their jobs and love them. They produce 15,000 CP from an light that is about the size of three C batteries. I got the kit that includes 2 fast chargers - one AC and one DC that mounts inside my truck. The internet company that I purchased the light from double shipped me and never pursued getting the extra one back, so I have two [Smile]

Anyway, I have been having a problem with charging the lights. They don't seem to charge all the way and die after 5 minutes of use. So I decided to email their support people and see if they could help. Within 1 hours of sending the email the production manager called me and asked me questions about the chargers & lights. He is sending me two new lights FedEx today, he believes it's the switch in the flashlight itself. I guess there is still hope that good customer service does exist.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 13 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never head of one of thoes things NOT being that way. I thought mike said he HATED thoes things?

Junk Light, Junk Light, Junk Light.

[Razz]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was kidding... Trying to get a rise out of someone like me that just spend $100 on a light. Didn't work - I still fell good about spending the money [Smile]

His complaint was that he went through a couple bulbs when he first got his light and they were like $25 each. Now they are $6.

[ 06-25-2002, 14:10: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biggest problem is I hate NiCad and NiMH (not as bad) battery technologies. Neither is very reliable or convenient considering how short their duty cycles are. The battery in every rechargable device I've owned (ie: cordless phone, electric razor, ultrasound toothbrush) has succummed to the all-too-familiar memory problems and been useless within a year. We need a better battery option for this kinda stuff.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they should try Kryptonic-Uranium.

[Razz]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, I am not a big fan of any rechargeable battery. Well maybe the Lithium Ion that came with the Sony camcorder, it has been great for 4 years now.

I never use rechargables in any of the Talk Abouts I have because they don't produce as many watts with the NiCad batteries. I guess I liked the idea of the rechargeable batteries in a flashlight because I never use a light for that long before it is returned to the charger. The charger is also the holder in the case of the Stinger, so mounting a charger in my truck means the light is always at full charge when needed.\

Stinger Website

They just added the Poly Stinger and some other accesories. Steve you might even like some of their new stuff.

[ 06-25-2002, 14:40: Message edited by: Klaus ]

ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, lithium ion is a great battery technology but for some reason, it's not available for anything other than cell phones, laptops and camcorders. It's a shame 'cause I'd pay the premium for a battery that performs that well.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think something should be posted on the Ask Martin board in hopes that he can come up with a better technology?
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont know much about bad or good battery quaility...mine is two years old and works as well as the day i bought it...although only good for one hr i rarely need more than that...and should my battery fail my streamlight dealer sells new batterys for $28 not bad....
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i received the two new lights today. swapped batteries, dropped them in the chargers and they work great. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005