Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » Current Events » Bush (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bush
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I think a significant # of Bush supporters are white trash uneducated yolkles & fundamentalist zealots... why certainly...
(Disclaimer: Significant does NOT= ALL, the Majority, A high percentage, or any other word that could be construed as a sweeping generalization about all bush voters... boy this will be fun writing these... [Roll Eyes] )

did they turn out in force more for this election in particular.. possibly...

does that imply ANYTHING about people here and should they have reason to take offense at it...

If you do.... I think your fucking nuts.... or you just think I do this to be a dick to ya'll.... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

and Chad says I take things personally... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Directly under the education charts YOU posted there is a sentence that states something to the effect that Bush supporters have trouble with big words. It's obvious to me that this was not posted for just discussion, but posted as a graphic detailing how you see it as showing the majority of Bush supporters have less than 9 years of education as per your immediate comment. So, your disclaimer is false as you indicate that there isn't statistical analysis. There isn't an obvious stated analysis but you have done a “hidden” one as you try to slide one past us.
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just throwing a little of the mud back thats piled neck deep on my side.. [Roll Eyes] Guess I need to be GOP PC [Roll Eyes]

[ 11-11-2004, 15:49: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU are the one calling other people "fucking nuts".

And what support do you offer that indicates a significant number of Bush supporters are, "white trash uneducated yolkles & fundamentalist zealots"? I could easily say the same type of things about Kerry supporters, here, I'll try it: I think a significant number of Kerry supporters are god hating, terrorist loving, fanatical cowards. This statement is based on over-generalizations drawn by me because I don't believe in the same things as Kerry and his party. Saying them does not make them true, and makes me look like an idiot in the process.

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, he could probably get away with calling it "anecdotal observation" (albeit poor, biased, and certainly unsubstantiated). But, that could also be considered qualitative analysis as he is forming a conclusion, however facetious it may be. In either case it is still offered as an opinion, one he is entitled to, but is about as supportable as saying the sky is purple. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Originally posted by Mikey:

I call you nuts when you assume its somehow a attack on you, and not me trying to look at a portion of the electorate in open discussion...... Whatever... Sorry I've wasted our time again.... [Roll Eyes] [lame] [horse]

[ 11-11-2004, 16:04: Message edited by: Jomama ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And what support do you offer that indicates a significant number of Bush supporters are, "white trash uneducated yolkles & fundamentalist zealots"? I could easily say the same type of things about Kerry supporters, here, I'll try it: I think a significant number of Kerry supporters are god hating, terrorist loving, fanatical cowards. This statement is based on over-generalizations drawn by me because I don't believe in the same things as Kerry and his party. Saying them does not make them true, and makes me look like an idiot in the process.

I would like to offer that a significant number of kerry supporters are, euphorian, peacnik, pacafists whom either resent or completly chose to ignore that the freedom, peace, and rights they enjoy (regardless of skin color, religon, etc.) was fought for and died for MANY times throughout this country's history.

[ 11-11-2004, 16:06: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Not a waste of time at all Joe. I was offering that up because you assume someone here is taking this personally and I don't see anyone else here calling others names like, "fucking nuts". I read through the posts and see good quality discussions and then you go and call others, "fucking nuts" for what I can see as no apparent reason. Just what I saw.
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
In either case it is still offered as an opinion, one he is entitled to, but is about as supportable as saying the sky is purple. [Big Grin]

Sometimes the sky IS purple! It was bright neon green the other night! [Wink]

Joe, I am going to send you some Prozac to calm you down a little! (Or would you prefer an inflatable doll??) "They" will never understand our views, nor do they have to. Just as long as they respect them and you respect theirs!! [shoot]

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell you all, there was a serious drought of entertaining posts when Joe was absent. I had feared that after the elections it would once again degenerate to me calling Hauser gay and him getting upset, but luckily my prediction was wrong! One day I'm going to get in trouble here at work for checking the forum so often, but until then: Flame On!

Disclaimer: Hauser IS gay.

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

I think I fully understand your views along with the direction the liberal agenda want's to take this country. That's why I'm fully against it! And I do not respect most of the liberal views, I respect the liberals' right to have them.
Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Not a waste of time at all Joe. I was offering that up because you assume someone here is taking this personally and I don't see anyone else here calling others names like, "fucking nuts". I read through the posts and see good quality discussions and then you go and call others, "fucking nuts" for what I can see as no apparent reason. Just what I saw.

Your first comment was that I was out just looking for Crazy shit to link to the party????? so whatever????

I said your nuts if you think I post this shit to somehow belittle or insult you... exactly HOW many times do I need to repeat that????

Jomama
Member # 56

nevermind.
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

awwww, c'mon.... say it!
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
Originally posted by Jomama:

I said your nuts if you think I post this shit to somehow belittle or insult you... exactly HOW many times do I need to repeat that????

I would echo that sentiment.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
Originally posted by flamingoamyjo:
quote:
In either case it is still offered as an opinion, one he is entitled to, but is about as supportable as saying the sky is purple. [Big Grin]

Sometimes the sky IS purple! It was bright neon green the other night! [Wink]

Joe, I am going to send you some Prozac to calm you down a little! (Or would you prefer an inflatable doll??) "They" will never understand our views, nor do they have to. Just as long as they respect them and you respect theirs!! [shoot]

Ok, Plaid then... [Cool]
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I've been working in Omaha all week...sorry I missed this fun.

quote:
Why can't EVERYONE here just accept that we all have different opinions on our "president"?

I do agree with you. But why is it that we're being called the idiots by those who were the MINORITY? Those who lost? Those who have no valid point that we are idiots? Those who might very well be the "my opinion is much more important than yours and I'll yell it in your face rather than listen to a word of yours" type?

quote:
...but you're NEVER going to sway us to the other side.

Agreed, and I'm not trying to sway anyone. I'm just stating how silly it is for the group with less people to say that the group with more people are "idiots". That's like the 10 million people who hated Elvis saying that the 50 million Elvis fans were stupid...

quote:
I absolutely agree that some people choose to believe the media instead of educating themselves, BUT that goes for both side.

Agreed. I hate the media, I hate the infomercials, hate the mud slinging, and I absolutely HATE the fact that both candiates spent over a BILLION dollars. My point is that those who were actually swayed by the media's portrayal of W or Kerry, are the true fucking IDIOTS. Because if I believed them, I would have to believe that Kerry was a war hero, and the most perfect person in the world, and Bush was a draft dodging, silver spoon fed, cocaine addicted, war-mongering, incredibly stupid human being. Wow, I guess everyone's smarter than the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

quote:
Yes BOON I do think that a significant portion of thos 59 mill people are sheeple idiots...

Me too. But there's more than enough evidence to prove that Kerry's supporters had the exact polar opposite of our "sheeple idiots" supporting him. Namely: Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Green Day, and any other uneducated Hollywood piece of monkey shit who decided one morning that their opinion meant something because they could act or sing or...

But bottom line, I (for once) [Smile] agree with you Joe, there were plenty of idiots on both sides. But that doesn't make all of us who supported ol' W the idiots...it makes us those who voted for the President...not the other guy who lost.

quote:
Originally posted by Jomama:I thought I'd use pictures, as I know the Bush supporters have a little trouble with big words...

[Confused] Is this one of your "I'm being the liberal you want me to be" snide comments? [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by Cremator:
Disclaimer: Hauser IS gay.

No shit, have you seen his dog?

Can't we all just [beer]

[ 11-11-2004, 17:51: Message edited by: BoondockSaint ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSaint:
I saw a spray on CS the other day that said "I live with 59 million idiots." What I don't understand is how the people who LOST think that those of us who WON are the idiots.

This actually was taken from a magazine out of England. So, therefore THEY are the ones who think there are 59 million idiots in the US.
Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and thank GOD there isn't a GOD who is out there deciding elections and football games and who wins the grammys.

This kind of bullshit belief system does make people look like idiots, (whoever they may be).

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitty
Chili-head
Member # 89

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I was actually "working" yesterday, this is the first time I could actually respond. So no offense to anyone, but where do you guys have the time to keep up with all of this?

First of all, I am religious, I and I do believe in God, but it is offensive to me to be called an idiot or a freak just for my beliefs. There are different types of religions, and different type of beliefs in God and a higher power. Not everyone Catholic/Christian believes that God determines everything in life.

I consider myself an independent and tend to lean towards democratic views (anyone can ask Scott or Eric on this one), but for this election I did vote for Bush, but just because I am Catholic and voted for Bush, does not make me or anyone else an idiot.

(By the way, many of the top universities in the county are religious universities, so I don't think you can fairly equate someones religion to their education level.)

As for the multiple statements of being out numbered, I actually think it is fairly even. Dems (Amy, Brad, and Joe) Reps (Scott, Chad, and Eric) I think Mike is fair and analyzes everything on both sides, but does pull Republican. Everyone else has had such few posts that I don't think they can truely be counted.

Third, I think overall everyone has good and fair arguements for there side, but here is my issue. For all you who are arguing, there is good in both candidates, otherwise, the election wouldn't have been so close. No offense to anyone, but I have not heard a good thing about the opposite candidate from anyone!

Fourth, this country is not going to suffer by having one person in the presidency over the other and some of you have stated that. What everyone should be concerned about is who is in the House and the Senate considering that nothing can get passed without their approval, rather then arguing over a president who really can't do shit.

Last, everyone needs to let it rest, otherwise this website will consist of Bush vs Kerry for the next four years until Hillary runs (God help us all!)

[ 11-12-2004, 09:39: Message edited by: Kitty ]

Posts: 109 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all Kitty, no one was calling YOU can idiot. That is the first problem here, everyone thinks that everyone is attacking them personally. I do think that there are definitely FANATICAL religious people out there that are "idiots".

Your comment about the religious schools, hmmm. Do you really think that everyone that attends these schools are religious?? Was everyone at St. Thomas a good Christian?? I doubt it. I went to Bethel which is an over-the-top religious school because it is a GOOD school. I didn't agree with the majority of their religious views, but I liked the teachers and the programs. I do NOT believe in "God" but I do believe in a higher powe; something had to create this world that we live in. (of if Bethel only knew! I'm going straight to hell! which I also don't believe in!)

As for your comment on the election being close: THANK YOU! No one seems to admit to the fact that Bush really didn't win by all that much. Obviously America is pretty closely divided between the parties! What I wish, it that next election they banned the negative bashing ads altogether as I think they're unfair to both sides. I also would like to see literature put together describing ALL side FAIRLY and EQUALLY so that America can actually educate themselves on the candidates instead of just believeing that is thrown in front of them.

It's just difficult when some people don't respect your views just like some don't respect your career. Mike commented that he respects the person but not their views, which I guess is what we're looking for here!!

[ 11-12-2004, 09:55: Message edited by: flamingoamyjo ]

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

-
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that if they would not have been able to sling mud, Bush would have won by a far wider margin. It is much easier for the person running against the incumbent to look at the last 4 years of that persons presidency to find things to sling. Bush also is able to use things and events the last 4 years as accomplishments that people are aware of (war/ tax cuts etc.) Kerry may have voted on issues, but they are not as publicly known to the layperson as issues the president is "seen" to work through in the public eye.

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitty
Chili-head
Member # 89

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that there was no personal attack on me and I didn't take it like that. I think that is the problem everyone is having; they are taking comments on general things as personal attacks, but I think that stating that a person's religious belief associated with who they vote for can make them an idoit I think is offensive to anyone who is religious. Religion=Idiot, not really. I think there are fanatics on everything out there. I agree with you, the fanatics are idiots whether it is political, religious (Islamic rebels), or other. But I do not consider Christian's, especially here in the US fanatics compared to all the other extremism of a religious nature that is going on in the world.

As for the religious schools, it is obvious that everyone that goes there is not necessarily religious. But the majority of people there are. At St. Thomas this is the standard breakdown 54% Catholic, 18% Lutheran 14% other 4% non religious, and 10% unknown. If it wasn't for equal rights, these schools could hold their enrollment strictly to those of the religion of the school. I know at St. Thomas, for it to get the funding it does for being a catholic school, over 50% of those enrolled need to be catholic.

I agree with you on the negative bashing ad's. As Eric stated, they only get the true idiots anyways. Those who are educated on the issues already know who they are voting for and why, they don't need an ad to encourage them.

Posts: 109 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

quote:
 -

Joe, have you ever seen "Sliding Doors"??

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Jomama
Member # 56

I will repeat this for Kitty since you didn't appear to catch it based on your posts. To me the article is clearly dealing with zealots, and not mainstream Christians

quote:

Catholics, Lutherans, and mainstream christians are NOT Fundamentalist Evangelical Christians... both fruit (no offense intended), but apples & oranges
If you guys don't know the difference, and wont' acknowledge the desires of the religious right for the future of this country.. than really, GOD help us all

As far as fundamentalist in the U.S. being less of a threat to this country [Roll Eyes] to each his own.... I won't give a pass to killing abortion doctors & ostrasizing gay people and pushing for this country to be run as a theocracy....... You may believe them benign... I think thats nuts.. [Roll Eyes]
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As far as fundamentalist in the U.S. being less of a threat to this country to each his own.... I won't give a pass to killing abortion doctors & ostrasizing gay people and pushing for this country to be run as a theocracy....... You may believe them benign... I think thats nuts..
I doubt anyone on here (well maybe Trany) would disagree with any of that.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
quote:
 -

Joe, have you ever seen "Sliding Doors"??
No
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
As far as fundamentalist in the U.S. being less of a threat to this country [Roll Eyes] to each his own.... I won't give a pass to killing abortion doctors & ostrasizing gay people and pushing for this country to be run as a theocracy....... You may believe them benign... I think thats nuts.. [Roll Eyes]

I see no hard evidence that the christian fundamentalists pose any real mass threat to this country. I see select individuals, whom are very sick, using their christan "faith" as an excuse which is picked up by the media and fed to us as a "cause". Further their rare actions of killing abortion doctors and commiting other violent acts are denouced heavily by all major christian denominations in this country and throughout the world.

All the above is a very different scale that the muslum fundamentalist movement throughout the world. And I do not feal that the muslum religous, as a whole, have gone far enough in denouncing the extemist agenda...

As far as gay marrage I think everyone is fairly blind on this issue. Call it a civil union and and get the word marrige out of anything that has to do with government. This is my view.

That said people fail to understand the first amendment for what it is. It's interpritation of separation of church and state in my opinion is takeing it further than it was written or intended verbatum. I don't see why a country can't have personal freedom of religion while still honoring its roots which is manly a christian herritage. That is fact. To try and rewrite that history is simply orwellian in my oppinion. That is the scary part of what is going on in this country and around the world. There is a vast movement in this country to erase that herritage and pretend that the government and formation of this great country was never influenced by christianity. People are trying to rewrite history.

The history of this country is rooted in a vast christian majority and was built on christian beliefs. That does not conflict or interfere with the right afforded by the constitution to have full personal freedom of religion.

Jomama
Member # 56

Seperation of Church and State is intended to protect the state from the church.. Just look at what the Founding Fathers just fled when this country was created...

I guess this will be "revising" history... [Roll Eyes]

"Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion and Government in the Constitution of the United States, the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history"
James Madison
Ref: http://www.secularhumanism.org/colum ns/history/madison.htm

"[God has bestowed] reason... as the umpire of truth." --Thomas Jefferson to Miles King, 1814. ME 14:197

"Truth and reason are eternal. They have prevailed. And they will eternally prevail; however, in times and places they may be overborne for a while by violence, military, civil, or ecclesiastical." --Thomas Jefferson to Rev. Samuel Knox, 1810. ME 12:360

"The Gothic idea that we were to look backwards instead of forwards for the improvement of the human mind, and to recur to the annals of our ancestors for what is most perfect in government, in religion and in learning, is worthy of those bigots in religion and government by whom it has been recommended, and whose purposes it would answer. But it is not an idea which this country will endure." --Thomas Jefferson to Joseph Priestley, 1800. ME 10:148

"Whenever... preachers, instead of a lesson in religion, put [their congregation] off with a discourse on the Copernican system, on chemical affinities, on the construction of government, or the characters or conduct of those administering it, it is a breach of contract, depriving their audience of the kind of service for which they are salaried, and giving them, instead of it, what they did not want, or, if wanted, would rather seek from better sources in that particular art of science." --Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815. ME 14:281

"Ministers of the Gospel are excluded [from serving as Visitors of the county Elementary Schools] to avoid jealousy from the other sects, were the public education committed to the ministers of a particular one; and with more reason than in the case of their exclusion from the legislative and executive functions." --Thomas Jefferson: Note to Elementary School Act, 1817. ME 17:419

"No religious reading, instruction or exercise, shall be prescribed or practiced [in the elementary schools] inconsistent with the tenets of any religious sect or denomination." --Thomas Jefferson: Elementary School Act, 1817. ME 17:425

"I do not know that it is a duty to disturb by missionaries the religion and peace of other countries, who may think themselves bound to extinguish by fire and fagot the heresies to which we give the name of conversions, and quote our own example for it. Were the Pope, or his holy allies, to send in mission to us some thousands of Jesuit priests to convert us to their orthodoxy, I suspect that we should deem and treat it as a national aggression on our peace and faith." --Thomas Jefferson to Michael Megear, 1823. ME 15:434

"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and ingrafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man." --Thomas Jefferson to Jeremiah Moor, 1800.

"The Christian religion, when divested of the rags in which they [the clergy] have enveloped it, and brought to the original purity and simplicity of it's benevolent institutor, is a religion of all others most friendly to liberty, science, and the freest expansion of the human mind." --Thomas Jefferson to Moses Robinson, 1801. ME 10:237

"This doctrine ['that the condition of man cannot be ameliorated, that what has been must ever be, and that to secure ourselves where we are we must tread with awful reverence in the footsteps of our fathers'] is the genuine fruit of the alliance between Church and State, the tenants of which finding themselves but too well in their present condition, oppose all advances which might unmask their usurpations and monopolies of honors, wealth and power, and fear every change as endangering the comforts they now hold." --Thomas Jefferson: Report for University of Virginia, 1818.

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes." --Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, 1813. ME 14:21

this one right here.... its tbe best. remember that this was the person, democratically chosen by the constutional congress....

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own." --Thomas Jefferson to Horatio G. Spafford, 1814. ME 14:119

thank you Thomas Jefferson.

Remember, the founding fathers chose this guy to write the important documents at the birth of this nation. Had they any intention of founding a christian republic, what was stopping them? Nothing at all.

It was called the age of reason guys, because people sought to break free from the chains of religious tyrany.

Also note the lack of mention of Jesus Christ in our oaths or documents. There is mention of God - but that is mentioned in even one of your quotes as the God of Nature - which is a Diest idea. Understand that Diest does not equal Christian - it is similar to saying that Christianity is Judaism, or that Judaism is Islam.

bah.. what am I thinking... just irrelavent details ... [Roll Eyes]

[ 11-12-2004, 14:49: Message edited by: Jomama ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:

It was called the age of reason guys, because people sought to break free from the chains of religious tyrany.

Also note the lack of mention of Jesus Christ in our oaths or documents. There is mention of God - but that is mentioned in even one of your quotes as the God of Nature - which is a Diest idea. Understand that Diest does not equal Christian - it is similar to saying that Christianity is Judaism, or that Judaism is Islam.

bah.. what am I thinking... just irrelavent details ... [Roll Eyes]

Joe I'm not going to take the bait but I will offer that the reason you encounter so much venom on this site (and likely elsewhere) is due to you way you write your arguments. You come off as talking down to people. (That is mainly why I seem to do so to you, as you don't see me talk to anyone else that way) You also read beyond and try to interpret what people mean and not what they say/write. At no point did I claim that our country was founded with christian doctrines. I do think that many of our laws are rooted in values of which many reflect chistian values. The separation intention is obvious but to try to erase all evidence of the herratige of this country having included christianity as a central part of it's earliest citizens values and thus reflected in parts of government throughout its history is a bad road to go down.

It is one thing to move forward with a separation of church and state but to erase and remove monuments from state flags and government buildings that reflect christian herratige is rewriting history.

[ 11-12-2004, 15:17: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe doesn't state his opinion. Everything he says is the "truth" and us non-believers should be looked down upon... [Wink]

That is exactly how you sound when giving your opinion. Generally Chad and Klaus state facts to back up their OPINION. Everyone here knows how strong your beliefs are Joe. If you want to have a discussion about this stuff, keep it a discussion and keep in mind that regardless of what any of us say, we aren't changing minds or saving lives.

Your frustration (read paranoia [Big Grin] )really comes out in your writing...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I can't say I'm not guilty of that in the past but I feel as though I try to be aware of and listen to what I say, read what I write in the effort to eliminate that type of tone...All part of growing up...

quote:
Originally posted by Hauserdaddy:
Joe doesn't state his opinion. Everything he says is the "truth" and us non-believers should be looked down upon... [Wink]

That is exactly how you sound when giving your opinion. Generally Chad and Klaus state facts to back up their OPINION. Everyone here knows how strong your beliefs are Joe. If you want to have a discussion about this stuff, keep it a discussion and keep in mind that regardless of what any of us say, we aren't changing minds or saving lives.

Your frustration (read paranoia [Big Grin] )really comes out in your writing...

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:

It is one thing to move forward with a separation of church and state but to erase and remove monuments from state flags and government buildings that reflect christian herratige is rewriting history.

Please show me where I supported this. To me, the "icons" are trivial and do reflect history and are beside the point..

Thats a different issue from the religious right pushing to legislate morality.

YOU brought up the rewriting history part??? and then you chide me for dealing with it.... it just makes your case better if you paint me as being aligned with this anyway doesn't it...?

my quotes are food for thought based on what you said, and apparently I misinterpreted you post, MY BAD.... <-PLEASE MAKE NOTE
Jefferson and some of the other Federalist were more Diest than Christians, and its them we have to thank for religious freedom.

quote:

I see no hard evidence that the christian fundamentalists pose any real mass threat to this country.

What do you want as hard evidence, beyond their level of influence on local/national elections, their involvment in various legislative movements, etc...? [Roll Eyes] I cant believe I actually have to provide proof the the influence of the religious right.... [Roll Eyes] so whatever...

I honestly don't know why you reply to me, when you immediately and openly dismiss the concerns I raise as a non-issue, from the environment to this topic... [Roll Eyes] thats not discussion [Roll Eyes]

I'm not talking down to anyone HERE!! Not my problem anymore... dont reply then if you cant handle it... I'm not going to PC my comments anymore than anyone else... You want me to go find posts where you were patronizing and belittling to pretty much any conservation issue I presented???? I'll do it...
Like I said, I might as well be the asshole liberal whipping boy I'm painted as....

quote:

the reason you encounter so much venom on this site (and likely elsewhere)

and likely elsewhere??? F.U.!!!! [brd] [brd] [brd]
Would you like the link to the other forums I participate in???? ones with much more thoughtfull discussions from all different sides of the specturm and see how much I talk down to people that are open to discussing the issues of this world...
[Roll Eyes]

Kitty
Chili-head
Member # 89

If no one is going to say it I will! You guys have got to stop attacking each other! [lame] It started out political, which was understandable considering you two are on opposite sides, but now it is just personal attacks! Make the madness stop. [fight] Everyone is intitled to their opinion and the way they argue their opinion, but personal attacks and critisism does no good to anyone. I'll be honest, I stop paying attention once you two start going at it. I like you both, but God (that's been a popular term today)just stop already! I like boon's idea [beer]

[ 11-12-2004, 15:59: Message edited by: Kitty ]

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Generally Chad and Klaus state facts to back up their OPINION.

If I post anything relavent, its dismissed as liberal propaganda based on the fact that its from the "liberal press" or it criticizes the sacred Bush Monkey, regardless the quality of the content.

quote:
Everyone here knows how strong your beliefs are Joe.

Um, no.... with some exception to Klaus, you don't really know what my beliefs are, so how do you know how strong they are....

quote:
keep it a discussion and keep in mind that regardless of what any of us say, we aren't changing minds or saving lives.

.... and I find this sad and one of the fundamental problems with the public in this country...... I definitly learn more, and change my mind on all types of things as the years go by and more information is availabe etc... etc....

I've learned from discussions with Klaus, friends, family, I've learned from discussions with the people who work around me.... and I can probably pin-point the discussions and moments when I have changed my mind about something....
So I find it extrememly sad that people preface a discussion with.... "Well I'm not gonna change my mind or vice versa..." [shake]

And from my perspective, proper conservation will not only save lives, it will save generations of lives.... But again... I see how thats a non-issue that we don't have to worry or be concerned about... [Roll Eyes]

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZzzZZZZzZZZZzzz.......

[topicsucks]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Christian fundamentalist are the only thing keeping this country afloat! [lol] [lol] [lol]

[ 11-12-2004, 16:19: Message edited by: Mikey ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

This whole post is full of more gereralizations, hypocracy, and insinuations then there are words it is composed of.... [Big Grin] ...enjoy!

quote:
quote:
Generally Chad and Klaus state facts to back up their OPINION.

If I post anything relavent, its dismissed as liberal propaganda based on the fact that its from the "liberal press" or it criticizes the sacred Bush Monkey, regardless the quality of the content.

quote:
Everyone here knows how strong your beliefs are Joe.

Um, no.... with some exception to Klaus, you don't really know what my beliefs are, so how do you know how strong they are....

quote:
keep it a discussion and keep in mind that regardless of what any of us say, we aren't changing minds or saving lives.

.... and I find this sad and one of the fundamental problems with the public in this country...... I definitly learn more, and change my mind on all types of things as the years go by and more information is availabe etc... etc....

I've learned from discussions with Klaus, friends, family, I've learned from discussions with the people who work around me.... and I can probably pin-point the discussions and moments when I have changed my mind about something....
So I find it extrememly sad that people preface a discussion with.... "Well I'm not gonna change my mind or vice versa..." [shake]

And from my perspective, proper conservation will not only save lives, it will save generations of lives.... But again... I see how thats a non-issue that we don't have to worry or be concerned about... [Roll Eyes]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

JUST KIDDING!!!!
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005