Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Hardware Discussion » Mozilla Firefox?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox?
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else use it?

I just tried it this weekend. I like it but I cant figure out some of the features. Seems to load web pages way faster.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used Mozilla for browsing and email for a year or so and like it a lot. It's basically the group and their code that originally developed Netscape and the core it was based on until a few years back when AOL bought and completely ruined Netscape. Occasionally I need IE for a page that doesn't work in Mozilla but not very often.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took me some more looking to figure out how to use the extensions, I figured out what I wanted and I like it a lot so far. Put it on my work puter too.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nazgul
Rookie
Member # 96

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nazgul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried the Firefox browser about a year ago, but it just didn't work that well for me. The few web site compatibility issues were enough for me to unload it, plus I didn't think it lived up to the hype. Then again, that was a year ago and it's probably better now.

I ended up using Maxthon, which is a great front-end for IE. Yeah, it's still IE underneath it all, but you get darn near every feature you could want in a browser and also get the compatibility of IE.

Maxthon used to be called MyIE2 until fairly recently. Worth checking out as it's easily installed and uninstalled if you don't like it, and you can also run IE in "normal" mode as well as have Firefox loaded. You can take your pick on which to use.

[shoot]

Posts: 3 | From: Shoreview | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Help!! So I finally got my new computer in my office that was bought back at the end of June. However... I "thought" I would have my old box left with me for a period of time and I would be able to have my own time to bring over what I wanted... WRONG..

SO.. the Tech guy here in charge of this does not know where all my Bookmarks are saved in Mozilla Firefox, I only got a few minutes to look at it earlier, and now my old box is gone. At first I didnt think it would be a big deal.. but I just lost a lot of info...and I'd rather not start from scratch if I can help it..

However, he is not doing anything with the old box, if I could tell him specifically where this stuff is in the Program files/Mozilla/.... I know he could get it too me.

Any help? I'm just interested in my bookmarks, as I didnt use many extensions.

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you have him export the old Bookmarks from the old Firefox?

http://mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_bookmarks_tutorial.html#importing_and_exporting_bookmarks

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005