Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Hardware Discussion » Benchmarks (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Benchmarks
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Results with new driver:

Halo Time Demo (1024*768,AA=off, all settings max)
2800 (12.5*166=2.10GHZ) 44.57FPS (Old Driver)
2800 (12.5*166=2.10GHZ) 43.85FPS (New Driver)

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ended up with an upgrade for my extra system for free - from a 2200 to a 2400. Ran AM3:

System 2
Athlon 2400
A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0
512 Corsair XMS 2700 Memory
Seagate 7200.2 7,200 RPM SATA HD
GF4 4200ti 128m 8X

Default GPU speed (250/514)
15930 <-----SAME EXACT AS W/2200

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My PC is still disassembled, but I did go out and get a BFG GFX 5900 XT OC (Overclocked right out of the box). So once I get up-and-running again, I'll post new benches...
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ran aquamark on my new computer. Its a Athlon XP 3000+ with a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra in it. Got the following scores:

Normal card speed (about 950/470): ~29,700
Overclocked to about 1.06/580: ~32,900

Summary: My computer will smoke yours like a 5 cent cigar. [Big Grin]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
My computer is almost a year old and scored almost exactly the same.

-

So much for big heat sinks.... [pointedstick]

Here comes the boilover...  -  - ...j/k

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 14 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a serious note: the GFX5700Ultra is a KICK ass card. Same or better speed and results as all but the 5950Ultra at half the price.

Thanks for finding such a gem cremator!!!

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Huh? What are you smoking Chad? My 5900 scores better then the 5700Ultra overclocked... And it was about $60 more.
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From all the reviews I've read, the 5900 and the 5700U are ballpark with the nod going to the 5900. Now the 5900s are down in price and they run better at higher resolutions, but I've always used 1024x768, the higher res' shrink too much for me. I bought the 5700U when it first came out for ~$200 and then I bought the 5900XT OC for the same so that Jack's PC will run better when I move over the 5700U. I do like the 5700U, but if you can get a 5900 for the same price, it's worth it.
** UPDATE: I will be setting up my PC tonight! **

On a separate note, have you guys seen the stats on the new nVidea 6800s? They require TWO power connections and at least a 480W power supply!!! Christ-on-a-bike! That's going to force most of us to upgrade our power supplies. If anyone else is thinking about upgrading their graphics card, try and hold out until the end of may when these new cards come out as it usually means a price-drop for the older cards...

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I saw that card review this weekend - DAMN... So much for incremental increases...

Here is the start of the reveiw - go read it....

12,000 points in 3DMark 2003. A score of over 60,000 in AquaMark 3. Over 60fps in Halo at 1600x1200 and more than 50fps in FarCry with High FSAA and 4tap anisotropic filtering at 1024x768 - these are numbers that will bring tears of joy to PC enthusiasts everywhere.

You'd have to go back quite a bit in the history of graphics cards to find a performance leap of similar magnitude. Maybe the transition from 3dfx's Voodoo1 to the Voodoo 2 comes close. Or the jump from NVIDIA's TNT2 to the GeForce 256 DDR, or perhaps the transition from ATi's Radeon 8500 to the 9700 Pro... Maybe these developments might come close, if, for the moment, we left aside the technological quantum leap in the past. But let's start at the beginning.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/index.html

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

The major differences between the 5700 family and the 5900 are:

5700 Buswidth 128bit Pipes 4x1
5900 Buswidth 256bit Pipes 8x1

So even with tha higher Ram/GPU speed the 5700 family can't move as much date/info because of the small pipeline - that's why the scores of the 5900 cards are higher even with a lower GPU speed.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not see that they are appreciably higher in anything but maybe halo. But you can justify it anyway you want.

-

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet your even wrong klaus I bet the 5700Ultra outscores the 5900 if the 5700 were overclocked by 200pts or more inthe AQM3D GFX score (not the overall Score).

And i bet my system with the card only overclocked would be with in 1-2 FPS of your system not overclocked on halo.

In fact Im almost sure my PC scored 5180 or 5190 in the GFX line in AQM3D.

[ 04-26-2004, 14:47: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

And the 5700 is 256bit.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

My scores:

Aquamark 3 5900
2800(400/850) 5082 6675 36810
2800(475/910) 5940 6684 41121

Your scores:
Aquamark 3 5700U
2400 31578
2400 OC 32662

That's 25% faster comparing overclocked scores.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

GFX SCORES ONLY

MY COMPUTER 5190

YOUR COMPUTER 5082

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
And the 5700 is 256bit.

Please scroll down on the first page of this and see the chart.... Also read through the bench mark charts.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
My scores:

Aquamark 3 5900
2800(400/850) 5082 6675 36810
2800(475/910) 5940 6684 41121

Your scores:
Aquamark 3 5700U
2400 31578
2400 OC 32662

That's 25% faster comparing overclocked scores.

Again the only claim i ever made was that the 5700U was faster overclocked than any 5900 card box speed.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

quote:
GFX SCORES ONLY

MY COMPUTER 5190

YOUR COMPUTER 5082

If you get to overclock yours I get to overclock mine.... So my GFX score is 5940
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Fuck their benchmarks my card overclocked is faster than yours end of story.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
Again the only claim i ever made was that the 5700U was faster overclocked than any 5900 card box speed.[/QB]

-
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

quote:
And the 5700 is 256bit.

What about this claim?
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chad, the thing is, you cant really compare those two cases. When your card is overclocked to 1.06/670(about), of course its going to be slightly faster than the 5900 at normal speeds of 850/400. But your having to run your card much harder in order to even compare to the 5900. Like Klaus said, when he overclocks his, which only bumps it up to 910/475 or so (not even as high as the 5700U), his GFX score blows yours away. So, your claim is pretty illogical if your saying that your card is better simply because you can overclock it and get a slightly higher speed than the 5900 stock. So stop all this "my dick is bigger than your dick" shit. [crazy]

I KNOW that the 5900 is slightly better, but i chose to go with the 5700U because it does a good enough job and is more affordable.

[ 04-26-2004, 15:08: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I honestly think that might be incorect. The box and manual states it is a 256bit card. It may not be the same stat but i doubt it.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 13 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ender:
Chad, the thing is, you cant really compare those two cases. When your card is overclocked to 1.06/670(about), of course its going to be slightly faster than the 5900 at normal speeds of 850/400. But your having to run your card much harder in order to even compare to the 5900. Like Klaus said, when he overclocks his, which only bumps it up to 910/475 or so (not even as high as the 5700U), his GFX score blows yours away. So, your claim is pretty illogical if your saying that your card is better simply because you can overclock it and get a slightly higher speed than the 5900 stock. So stop all this "my dick is bigger than your dick" shit. [crazy]

I KNOW that the 5900 is slightly better, but i chose to go with the 5700U because it does a good enough job and is more affordable.

My logic is not flawed in the least. At no point did I say that it was faster when both or overclocked or not overclocked or better or anything like that. I simply stated that it was faster when overclocked than the box speeds of a 5900 card. I run it overclocked because I do not care if it burns up. I paid less to get a card that outperformes the 5900s when overclocked. If it didnt I would have bought the 5950U. My Logic (and i would think they would have gone through this with you in school but...) was simply stating a claim and backing it up with results.

Why can I not compare thoes two cases?!? I paid less to get the same result as an un overclocked more expensive card, simple as that. I claimed nothing more and nothing less than that and that is proven fact. Klaus challenged that assertion and I proved him wrong. What is it with you people!?!?! Did any of you take logic in school!?!?!?! [bs]

[ 04-26-2004, 15:18: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

By that logic - I also bought a card that outperforms the 5950U (the fastest Nvidia card on the market) when overclocked...... For $200 less (at the time of purchase)

And I would say you should give more weight to the real world benchmarks on tom's hardware - then AM3. I want to see your Halo benchmark txt file....

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

quote:
I honestly think that might be incorect. The box and manual states it is a 256bit card. It may not be the same stat but i doubt it.

No your box states 256m of memory - not 256bit speed.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
quote:
And the 5700 is 256bit.

What about this claim?
Then again the box could be incorrect, the site could be incorrect. I could be wrong, I could be right. Who knows. Who cares.
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of taking logic classes in school I opted to double-up on sex education just so I could see more pictures of vaginas. [sex]
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
By that logic - I also bought a card that outperforms the 5950U (the fastest Nvidia card on the market) when overclocked...... For $200 less (at the time of purchase)

So do you leave the card overclocked all the time?

If so then what you are saying is that you have the same performance as a guy who buys a 5950U and dosnt know how to or dosnt chose to overclock his card (except for benchmarks)?

AND you saved 200$?

[ 04-26-2004, 15:38: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

You wanted the performance of a 5950U. You didnt want to pay 200$more. You dont care about the risk of overclocking because by the time the warantee is up you will be upgrading anyway.

This all sound right to you?

Now you see what I was trying to say.

[horse]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
Originally posted by Cremator:
Instead of taking logic classes in school I opted to double-up on sex education just so I could see more pictures of vaginas. [sex]

THAT'S where I went wrong.  -
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

quote:
On a serious note: the GFX5700Ultra is a KICK ass card. Same or better speed and results as all but the 5950Ultra at half the price.

Thanks for finding such a gem cremator!!!

No that's what you said originally.. It's not until your last couple posts that you stated why you bought the card. I researched my card purchase based on being in the latest generation (5900family 256bit/8pipes) and knew I could overclock to the 5950 speed based on results I found on newgroups.
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  - [argue]

/me->  -  -  -  -

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I was talking about overclocked 5700U obviously because there is no way to claim it is faster without overclocking.

Again, LOGIC PEOPLE, LOGIC!

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Sorry I can't read your mind Chad [Smile]

Looking at the GPU speed and memory speed (both faster than the 5900) I could see how someone would think it was a faster card. Obviously, you didn't know it was a 128bit 4pipe card compared to the 5900 256bit 8 pipe card..... So made sense to me you may have thought it was faster, looking at gpu speed etc.....

[ 04-26-2004, 16:25: Message edited by: Klaus ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I was consistant all the way through in claiming that.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Claiming what? That the 5700 was a 256bit card?

I am finished debating you on this - you are just like a democrat - making up numbers to suite your arguement....... <-----Kidding relax.

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

quote:
I am finished debating you on this - you are just like a democrat - making up numbers to suite your arguement....... <-----Kidding relax.

Oh boy, here come a meltdown. [Razz]

--------------------

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
Originally posted by Ender:
quote:

Oh boy, here come a meltdown. [Razz]
"Hi pot, im kettle, YOUR BLACK!"

[ 04-26-2004, 17:16: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
Claiming what? That the 5700 was a 256bit card?

I want to know what numbers I made up!?!?!?
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005