Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » World of Warcraft » World of Warcraft MOVE TOPICS » Recruiting Members

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Recruiting Members
Kyrillian
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to know if there is anyone that someone absolutely does not want in the guild for a serious reason.

Also some members I think would be good additions if they aren't already in:
1. Claoon
2. Gille
3. Aeschlyus (check spelling)
4. Hillzpac
5. Grumpybear (need a MT don't we:)
6. Shim
7. Theoric
8. Viago
9. Callia
10. Peppenzo (if he gets turned down by Nexus, which isn't looking likely)
11. Yariko
12. Calataar
13. Omosha
14. Enigmatic (expressed great interest in getting back together with as many Ex-MGS as possible)
15. Apruce (Jaybee is in Nexus, Apruce got turned down)
16. Fallwin (don't know if he has forgotten "The MC Lynching", but if he has he is a great member, always helping people when asked and showing up to raids.)
17. Windrider
18. Bravebutters (Last I checked he was waiting to see what oneg did but he was in a guild called Canadian Growers last night lol, I know he has an invite to Empyreans if he wants it so we might need to jump on him)
19. Greenly/Gruen (I love these two, but I don't think they'll come easily)
20. Kikyoo

Please post anyone you think would be worthy additions.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Paladins, Last night we picked up Willas and Arendies.

I Spoke with Yariko and he/she is interested but waiting on some other developments.

I didnt really talk to Vuke but it sounded as though he was all but 100%.

Calatar i have no problem with.

Those added to Boondock, Mozz, and myself is a pretty good start to the paladins.

I don't want to get too many....but i dont think that is going to be a terrible problem for any class just yet.

We need more of just about every other class...

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ix and Klauso have been talking to, tracking, and emailing people as well, and I know they've talked to some of the folks you listed so you may want to try and get with Ix this afternoon and compare notes, see who we've missed...

I believe Ix has a more flexible schedual and will likely be someone you'll be able to regularly hook up with on vent when you get off work and online Kyrill (I probably log about the time your ready for bed [Wink] )

Klauso is away from home for some work related training, generally he's very active day-to-day here on the forums but he's in class's for another week I believe.

I believe we've been in touch with all the Katea, Katua, katuawuauwatau... people that I cant keep straight as well..

[ 12-08-2005, 09:52: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyrillian
unregistered

Well we will be in front of a lot of members at least. Last night as many of you know, I sent out in excess of 100 in-game e mails to everyone who's ever been in MGS with exception of Kakarotto, Quarter, Darkkt, and Chimichunga. So far I've had 16 people reserve for the Inter-Guild MC Run Saturday. I figure we might not pull the necessary 40 but at the very least it will get us in front of some possible on-the-fence ex-members.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be gone this weekend but you may consider talking to a couple of the smaller guild we are hoping to join us about MC this weekend. Do a trial run with the guys from NoX etc - and make the night a free roll. That way we have enough to do MC this weekend and we all get to know each other. It would be better then not going at all.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about this too. We almost have to make the night a free roll run. Else i don't think we will get enough people because....

1. If they were not previously MGS they have no DKP and that would be borderline mean to ask them to come with no chance of loot.

2. If they were MGS but had a low DKP count at the time all this started being that the site never got fully updated from last weekends run. They are going to be far less interested if they have no chance at loot.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigi_
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think fallwin transferred servers along w/Darkkt. so i don't think he is available. i think vuke said he is coming to this guild. he also mentioned he was trying to get the HIO ppl to join. i spoke w/Oneg and he said he was "guilded out" so i really don't know what he is going to do. i'm trying to get him to just join it. but he's even more stubburn than me. i want to be in a guild w/all of you guys but i also want to be in a guild w/the ppl who are in the temp MGS right now also. so not sure how we're gonna get butters. i would LOVE to have greenly a d gruen in it. i know gruen would be beyond happy to be able to run MC like he's always wanted to. i would really like it if tort joined also but i know he wants in Nova. anyways..i'm gonna keep tryin oneg and see what happens. i don't know if you all want him in but i do. maybe speak to butters and see if he can try to get oneg in also. butters would be a good MT i think [Smile]

**i got my schedule change i have been beggin for! so i work 5am to 1:30pm PDT and off on wed/sun!! omg i am sooo happy! [Smile]

haha fun smilies FTW!!
[beer]

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much all of the people you have listed i have sent in game e-mails to. Some joined last night, and some are looking to get into current larger raiding guilds. Fallwin transfered servers, but probibly would never join us anyway.

Gigi, your in a very tough spot. I know if i was you i would want to stay with my RL friends. But you know mine, and all of our feelings reguarding Oneg. I just dont feel comfortable trying to start over with him as leader after i saw how he treated Zaul. I have 110% respect for Zaul, and so did everyone else.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyrillian
unregistered

I have no problem with Oneg joining. I was more on Zaulsiin's side of the whole power struggle but that didn't mean I blamed Oneg or harbor any ill will towards him. We had a lotta fun for a long time on his dime and I appreciate that. I think Oneg might actually enjoy participating in our guild without having the weight of everything on him. Butters would be a great addition, but I think getting him might lie with getting Peppenzo also.

As for the Saturday MC Run, I'm going to wait and see how many Ex-MGS we get in the raid. If 30+ EX-MGS show up, we're gonna go ahead and use DKP. If NON-MGS members fill out the raid and they are potential recruits, we will give them the average of their classes DKP. Meaning if its a warrior and we have myself, arda, fallwin, and degrance already in the raid, we take the average of their DKP and give it to the recruit to bid.

One problem I saw with using DKP is that people might want to use it as their chance to zero out their DKP and at first I thought this was a bad thing. In contemplating this I realized, these people earned this DKP by spending their free time raiding with us. If it is their wishes to spend it all on 1 item and leave, they deserve it. Of course if we are going to be important MGS dkp into our guild that would make it less likely that people would zero out if they want to continue with us.

Gigi_
unregistered

yeah i know. i'm trying to get him to just join. he said that for a while he may just come online when stephen needs his help on something. so i think he may be takin a quasi(sp?) break from the game. not sure if he will be running the MC run w/us this wkend either. i know he wants it to me MGS and wants it to be his guild. but it's obviously not going to work that way. i'm still workin on him though.
Dyv
unregistered

WHOA!

Mails were sent to all ex-MGS members?

Then why the f*ck spend the time making a new guild? I thought the point was to get out the folks that didn't mesh gamestyle play with how this group of folks wanted to play. Not in a bad way, just a disagreement on how they wanted things run.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

No i do not think the e-mails were to all MGS. Ixidor said they were to be selective to a point.

I hope that is the way it went down.

Dyv
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kyrillian:
Well we will be in front of a lot of members at least. Last night as many of you know, I sent out in excess of 100 in-game e mails to everyone who's ever been in MGS with exception of Kakarotto, Quarter, Darkkt, and Chimichunga. So far I've had 16 people reserve for the Inter-Guild MC Run Saturday. I figure we might not pull the necessary 40 but at the very least it will get us in front of some possible on-the-fence ex-members.

Maybe I misread. I took this to mean for the guild and not just the MC run....
Kyrillian
unregistered

I don't know about Ix's mail, but I sent e-mails to every member of MGS.

What exaclty are we thriving for with this new guild? I understand there are some members of MGS that probably won't do anything but hinder us. Are we trying to get back on track and get into MC and BWL, or just be more of a social scene?

Dyv
unregistered

There are specific people who will not, or at least should not, be invited back.
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, i was selective to who i mailed to. The people i know are in larger raiding guilds like apok, zaul, extremez, jaybee and darkhazzard i didnt send any to. And apok and Zaul already know about this anyways. I also didnt send mails to esone and heavens. Otherwise pretty much everyone that was in the guild at the time it broke up got one.

--------------------

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyrillian
unregistered

People like who? I need to know so I don't invite them. Once they are in the guild it's harder to get them out. Sure it's as easy as a /gkick but to invite someone and kick them right away is embarassing and creates an air of negativity. I think we've had enough negativity for the month lol.
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What exaclty are we thriving for with this new guild?

My understanding is that the leadership of the new guild want a more "mature" guild. Not in age, but in attitude. Therefore, I would think that any ex-MGS member that was not hindering the gaming experince by being an assclown would be considered.

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know none of us want to flame oneg in any way... He's a nice guy, and I think we all really appreciated his support of the guild with the site, vent, etc...

I think I'm safe in saying that for us it really was not a personal difference in the end at all, but a philisophical one about how to have a guild be fun & fair, how to deal with issues & complaints raised by members, and just generally how we can "make" a casual guild that raids end game content work... None of us blame him for his attachment and feeling of ownership of MGS, its totally understandable, but this also likely led to some of the root issues for officers trying to do their job and keep peace, trust issues, etc...

Despite our group of R/L friends here trying to get things rolling, I think we all generally agree that the members of the guild are what are going to make it work moreso than the individual(s) that started it.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyrillian
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ender:
Yes, i was selective to who i mailed to. The people i know are in larger raiding guilds like apok, zaul, extremez, jaybee and darkhazzard i didnt send any to.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather start from scratch and enjoy taking down bosses for the first time with a group of people, than join an established guild and ride their coattails. That's just me I guess.
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

quote:
What exaclty are we thriving for with this new guild? I understand there are some members of MGS that probably won't do anything but hinder us. Are we trying to get back on track and get into MC and BWL, or just be more of a social scene?

We want to be more focused, mature, structured, but still casual and fun. The goal is to get back into Ony/MC raiding. Thats the first step. Downing rag would be the second, but everyone has to know whats expected from them if we are going to do that. Downing rag takes some work and dedication.

I think we can easily have MC on farm status again within a couple weeks if we recruit some people. I see us getting 30 or so former level 60 MGS members. Then we would just need a smaller guild with some 60s to merge.

--------------------

Gigi_
unregistered

i am all for trying more than 1 attempt at Rag. i want to try to get the runs faster also. i think that we can use the buff suggestion that i made in the runs here also. i think that is a very important thing. i also agree w/kyrl that we don't have to be fully buffed for trash mobs. i do think that everyone should have at the very least fort. i always tried to keep ppl w/at least that. i think any healer class should also always have at the very least int. but i think this would help out a lot also.

**even if i'm not in the guild right now i do still plan on being active w/you guys.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005